Welcome to App Support’s Frequently-Asked-Questions. Below, please find suggestions for how you can trouble-shoot the most commonly-encountered issues.
The app is open, but I'm not seeing the camera appear. Should I see the camera in order to scan the book's pages?
Illustrations will display on-screen that correspond to the song you’re listening to! If you’re having trouble getting your phone to recognize a page, try it from a different height, angle, or closeness.
• iPhone users: Open Settings. Select the Wild Symphony app. You’ll see a prompt that reads “Allow WildSymphony to Access:” Toggle Camera permission to “On.” It will turn green.
• Android users: Open Settings. Select Apps & Notifications. Select the Wild Symphony app. Select Permissions. Toggle Camera permissions “On.”
- Hold your phone 6 inches – 2 feet (15-90cms) away from the book
- Slowly scan the page with your phone.
- The song will automatically engage!
The Wild Symphony app uses augmented reality that is based on image recognition. In order to recognize the pages in the picture book, the app must be able to see them. Providing the app with access to your camera permits this interaction.
Wild Symphony for Android is now available in the Google Play Store’s Designed For Families category. Download the app from the Play Store and re-install it. This will allow you to receive future updates.
The Wild Symphony app utilizes image recognition to recognize the page that you’re viewing and play the corresponding song. If you click the arrows to advance to a new song or select one from the Animals Box, that song will play. However, if your camera is still pointed at a previous page, the image recognition will kick in and that song will override your manual selection.